The National Leasehold Survey 2016
The results are out for the annual National Leasehold Survey for 2016 and it makes for some interesting reading. The main points raised are those that I strongly believe in, such as increased communication & increasing leaseholders knowledge about leasehold.
The key results are:
- 57% of leaseholders admit they regret buying a leasehold property.
- Two-thirds of leaseholders don’t feel they get a good service from their managing agent.
- Just 6% are very confident the managing agent could resolve issues.
- 68% of leaseholders have little or no confidence that their managing agent could resolve issues efficiently and effectively.
- 51% of leaseholders see a change in managing agent would improve matters and benefit the block.
- 1 in 5 leaseholders are unaware they could replace a poorly performing managing agent.
- 55% of leaseholders consider changing managing agents would be a difficult process.
- 48% of leaseholders believe a lack of knowledge is a real barrier to changing managing agents.
- 40% of leaseholders strongly disagree that service charge is value for money.
- 62% of leaseholders say the service hasn’t improved in the last two years.
- RMC directors are generally happier with their leasehold properties than ‘ordinary’ leaseholders due to a greater sense of control over the property’s management.
- Two-thirds of RMC directors feel they have a good relationship with fellow directors and leaseholders, but identify a need for a strong, wide skill set beyond legal and company expertise.
- 55% of leaseholders know where to go for information, but 32% definitely do not.
- 52% of leaseholders are confident they know their rights and responsibilities.
Evolve Block & Estate Management was set up to address most if not all of these points, with the most important issue, communication, taking centre stage. Leaseholders deserve to have their say and communicate their concerns and questions and it is up to us to not take leaseholders for granted and ensure we delivery a prompt and effective service!
To view the full report and summary, visit the ‘Leasehold Advisory Service’ website HERE
If you would like to discuss our services in more detail or you are thinking of transferring the management of your estate to us, please contact us!